A Simple yet underestimated item to give your look some 80’s inspiration with style. I find a lot of people today go a bit too far with the 80’s look. Having said that, I haven’t seen too many women with shoulder pads roaming the streets because that would signal the end of my sanity… Anyway, back to watches, It’s great when something so small can really set off an outfit yet it won’t over-power or dictate the outfit.
So, the “Top 5 Watches with a Splash of Colour” are…
1) Nixon – The favourite models at the moment from Nixon are the Rubber player, Time Teller and the Newton. Rubber Player is the Chunkiest of the designs with a nice range of Colours. Time Teller is a very popular model particularly in Japan where it has gained a lot of exposure in magazines and other media. I love the sheer simplicity of the time teller and I will be purchasing soon for sure! The Newton Is the most contemporary looking of the Nixon range and comes in a great range of colour ways. Oh! Look at the resemblance the face of the watch has with the path of an electron around an atom! Ultra nerdy & cool! Availiable from here.
2) Casio – How could we leave these “bad boys” out?!?! You can either go all out 80’s with the Databank or you can dip your toes in the 80’s with the G-shock. In the last year or so Casio released a series of Databank (pictured below) colourways which were lovely weren’t they? The G-Shock is equally as lovely but bulkier and sportier looking. They have had a few nice collaborations with in4mation (pictured below) and models like the purple/green “Hulk” model. Available from here.
3) Nooka – has been around for a while and has been gaining a lot of publicity with it’s original watch face. I can’t figure out how to read the time but they sure look cool don’t they? Less of a watch and more of a high tech bracelet in my opinion…Still cool though! Available from here
4) Timex – The King of durability as every manufacturer claims made a come back with the Timex 80. Minimal impact on your wallet, maximum impact on your look. Sweet! Available from here
5) Toywatch – The new-ish kid on the block. It has been worn by celebs (Michael Jordan and Johnny Knoxville) and quasi celebs (Lindsey Lohan and Paris Hilton) alike across the globe and it’s made by Italians. What more convince could you want to look cool? The Fluo model is my favourite and is based on one of the most popular watches of all time…The Rolex Submariner. Available from here