Finally A Pair Of Ugg Boots For Men?

Having written previously about Ugg boots, the Stylenerds have definitely been in opposition to this ever evolving trend. Uggs spread like wildfire in the female market with endless copies allowing access to the look on the high street and even spread to male early adopters.

The thing is, a lot of assumptions can be made before even trying something – as the saying goes, ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’ – so I felt compelled to try a pair of these things on, after hearing so many female wearers explain how comfy and warm they are.

Now, I have to admit. These things are impressive! The inner sole is lined with wool along with the rest of the boot inners making it feel very slipper-like; in fact, this is why they are often suggested to be worn without socks.

Anyhow, aside from now knowing they are ultra-comfy, it doesn’t take away the issue of Uggs being, on the whole, hideously ugg-ly.

Well, I think I may have found a solution – the recently introduced Men’s Classic Short Bomber in Chestnut. The boot comes in a classy chocolate coloured leather finish (as opposed to the suede-like outer usually associated with the boots) which makes them look a little more rugged and man like than the ‘outdoor slipper boots for women’ type we are more normally accustomed to.

I’m interested to hear people’s opinion on the matter, so leave some comments below – do you think these can be pulled off?

They currently retail at $160 plus $80 (about £150 in total) shipping internationally from the Ugg store. Stock is currently very light globally due to them being so new.

Click here to view them at the Official Ugg site.

Screen shot 2009-12-20 at 21.38.55.png
Screen shot 2009-12-20 at 21.39.35.png
Screen shot 2009-12-20 at 21.38.30.png

Subscribe to comments You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
Post Tags: , , , , , , ,

Browse Timeline

Facebook comments:

Comments ( 9 )

Finally? Uggs have always been for men. They were originated by a man FOR men, Women just took over. And I’m mad that you’re just getting put ON.

RoyalRJ added these pithy words on Dec 21 09 at 12:58 am

Yeah these look like a good idea. In the same way tying an elastic band around my genitalia until it turns black and drops off would also be; a good idea.

7oel added these pithy words on Dec 21 09 at 12:50 pm

I agree RJ – that was my point. I know they were originally made for pilots for use on unpressurised planes to keep the pilot warm.

But lets be fair – from a fashion point of view – they were really only significantly adopted by women previously.

JC added these pithy words on Dec 23 09 at 11:56 am

7oel – interesting viewpoint, but inappropriate use of the semi-colon in an attempt at wit. Additionally, this is not a forum for advertising your events.

JC added these pithy words on Dec 23 09 at 12:00 pm

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

I can’t convey how wrong this is. Sure Ugg boots if you are a teen-girl in Chavland.

For men! The only possible exception of course is if you are pretending to be a teen girl in chavland. And then of course this raises its own set of issues.

To surmise: NO

Briefcases for men added these pithy words on Dec 26 09 at 2:25 pm

It’s one of those fashion crimes which happen because people out there think what looks good on a man looks good on a woman. The Ugg-boot-gate affair is clear evidence of this.

Moses added these pithy words on Dec 29 09 at 8:44 am

I’m not a big fan of them for anyone (male or female) over the age of 18.

La Historiadora de Moda added these pithy words on Jan 15 10 at 4:34 am

I think there good for men, depends where you are in the world, I live in Australia now and all men over here where them so it’s fashionble for us to wear them here but back in the uk most men would say no I’m not gay but that just being stupid about it all, so sad, if u wanna wear them them wear them oh as long as they look good an d a genuin pair not like the cheap chavvy sloppy pair :S

Yeah added these pithy words on Jan 15 10 at 7:47 pm

I just recently heard about UGG’s now being available to men. I think that It could ultimately be a good idea because of the look and style that it offers. Some of us will probably rock them, and others …. not so much!.

Sam Mangum added these pithy words on Nov 04 10 at 11:31 pm